Friday, April 6, 2012

Hmm, still 3 Months Left...

At the urging of a friend, I have decided to write another journal entry. I realize that the title to this entry may be confusing, come to find out, I'm just not that good at "pregnant math." What is pregnant math you ask? It is it's own mathematical system that does not jive with the math everyone has learned. So I've decided that from here on out I will simply talk in "week" terminology. With that being said, I am in my 28th week. 

To the left here is Alana's precious little foot. My usage of the word "precious" can be translated in any way you would personally like to read it...but let it be known, that while I love my child and cannot wait for the day to hold her, I can honestly say that I do not like her foot/feet. It seems that her feet find the most inconvenient time to jar my insides. 

The kick's that once provided the "awe" moments in my day, have now become my "Ow!!" moments. Is it possible to sustain internal bleeding from this?? 

Ok, ok so maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit. But there are definitely times when I can look down and see my belly violently jump. I'm proud of Alana for keeping up with her Calisthenics and staying in good health, but Mommy's organs, and bones for that matter, need a break every now and then! Yes that's right, I said bones. Yesterday, while in the dining hall partaking of the Seder meal, dearest Alana, got turned upside down thus lodging, what I assume was her hind-end up under my ribs, and proceeded to flutter kick the lower, left side of my abdomen. 

Talk about an uncomfortable experience! But then at the same time, it made me marvel at the miracle that is life. Deeper still, human life. What a gift! Have you ever thought about it? I mean truly tried to comprehend the intrinsically, complex, beautiful formation of a single cell taking the form of a baby. Even at 6 weeks I could see her body forming.

Obviously, this is not one of my ultrasound pictures, but look at the detail found already, at only 6 weeks! 





<- This is what my child is able to do right now at 28 weeks! Again I say look at the beautiful detail! How can there not be a Creator?! How can this miraculous beauty be an accident of random cells coming together. There is no possible way that I will ever be convinced to believe anything but that there is a Creator. That Creator has taken my DNA and my husband's DNA, woven them together to create something beautiful and perfect! 

My little Alana, when you read this, know that God loves you and took great care to create everything about you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment