Sunday, March 17, 2013

T-minus 4 Months Till 12 Months

9-days old
9-months old

I can't believe how quickly time goes and it doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon. Happy 9 months Alana! In 4 short months you'll be turning 1, and I'll probably cry a little. I'm already making mental plans about what we're going to do for your party. But until then, I'll give you an update on what the last month of your life has been like :-)

Your teeth seem to be stubborn. You are relentless with the chewing and the gnawing, but those teeth, they just don't seem to want to cut through! You still only have your two front bottom teeth, but I have no doubts that they'll be here in time for you to enjoy your birthday cake. Your teeth aren't the only thing that is stubborn. You, my dear, are very strong-willed and stubborn. I see a lot of myself in you already. These traits will take you far in life, so long as you learn how to use them appropriately. That's what your family is here for. We are your trial run for your social, intellectual, character, personality, and maturity development. I know there will be times a head where you and I will battle over the traits that we share. But always know, I love you, regardless of what happens. 

With the ever consistent developmental process of your personality, your motor skills are also in a continuous state of growth. You have mastered the art of crawling. You are swift and quite agile and I find myself chasing you down many times throughout the day. I hear, that it's only going to get "worse" from here. You have become bored almost with the idea of crawling and sitting, and have also mastered pulling yourself up. In the last week you have begun walking along side of, or around the objects you use to help you stand. I predict that the next entry I make I will be telling you of how you're making attempts at walking. Don't worry my dear, your long desired independence is not that far away. 

I can officially say that you know who is Mama and who is Dada, though my name continues to be "Mamamamamamamamama" and Daddy's name continues to be "Dadadadadadadadadadadadadada" the above assigned names are said appropriately. I can't seem to get you to say them on request yet, that is my next goal. It is clear that you have a passion for talking and it has also become clear that you like to "sing". Generally it is a drawn out "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
in a monotone manner that accompanies a song you hear, but I take it as singing nonetheless. You also enjoy "singing" along with Mommy when I sing to you at night. I believe that this is more a failed tactic at trying to stay awake than it is a desire to sing with me. I DO hope that you do want to sing with me someday.

There are so many big changes coming up in your life! It's bitter-sweet for this Momma though. I'm so proud of what you've accomplished and a big part of me is looking forward to what you'll do next, but the extremely nostalgic side of me wishes you were still that little 7lb 15 oz little bitty newborn. Onward to greater things!!

**parting words**

I pray that you will be exactly what you want to be, I pray that you cultivate the gifts God gave you, whatever they will be, and I pray that your Father and I will be the very best that we can be for you!
You are loved!

((Also, Happy St. Patrick's Day))

No comments:

Post a Comment