Wednesday, July 18, 2012

1 Month Already

They say time flies when you're having fun; if that is the case, I'm having the time of my life! My sweet Alana you are 1 month old (and a day, I'm a tad late typing this). To see how you've developed and changed already is like watching my own personal miracle. I am in awe of the awesome power of creation and the intricate design that is you. For example, did you know that right now your voice box is higher in your throat, this enables you to breathe while you eat, without swallowing milk down your windpipe. Isn't that amazing!? Or how about the fact that you don't see in color yet, this helps keep yours senses from being overwhelmed. Oh and that incredibly cute chubby face of yours...yeah the chubbiness helps you learn how to use your jaw and to develop that coordination. 

One of my favorite pictures of you!!
You started making new noises while we were in Colorado. Some pleasantly sweet, and then you have one noise which I have dubbed your "I'm irritated" noise. Your lungs are certainly growing, because you're getting louder. You are cooing in your sleep more frequently and the sounds just keep on getting cuter. I'm still so very anxious to hear you coo of your own free will!! 

We've hit a bump in the road I suppose you could say, speaking of you sleeping. You've decided that sleeping with Mommy is better than sleeping in your bassinet and while I'm sure this is 100% true in your brain, I don't agree. So, it's been quite the battle these last couple of days, but we are swiftly making headway. For instance, right now you are snoozing on the couch instead in my lap. Granted, our trip to Colorado is probably what helped you make this not so good decision. You didn't like the bassinet that Grandma had and you got all stuffy if I laid you on your blankets on the floor, so the only solution...in bed with Mommy and Daddy: thus our problem. I suppose I can't get too upset about this, because at the very least you are practically sleeping through the night, you only get up 1-2 times MAX, so to that I say thank you my dear :-)

You went to the doctor today for a check-up. Doctor gave the thumbs up and says you're just where you need to be growth and development wise. That's my girl!! :-) You are now: 9lbs 1oz and 21.5" long. you are quickly growing out of your newborn clothes (which are so cute!) and I'll be lucky if I can stretch the newborn diapers another week. I'd be okay if you slowed down the whole getting bigger thing (just temporarily), I have so many newborn diapers I still need to use! 

All's well in your land of baby-ness! I'm so excited to watch and be a part of your continued development! And as always you are loved!




No comments:

Post a Comment